Updating Your Home's Look
Cosmetic Property Improvements
Making a cosmetic change to your property's exterior?
Before you can make any exterior changes to your home, the review committee of the association must approve you.
What kinds of cosmetic property improvements need approval?
- Painting the exterior of your home
- Painting exterior doors
- Painting or staining fences
- Adding lights or cameras
- Adding or replacing gutters
- Anything that changes the physical appearance of the exterior of your home
Next Steps in Submitting a Property Improvement Request
Submit a request form found on homeowner portal to the EMG ARC Department- please gather all supporting documents (lot survey showing location/dimensions, vendor plan showing project details unless doing it themselves, sample photos of material, and a photo of the area where project is being done). Some projects may require more documentation.
Applications are reviewed within 24-48 hours as they come in to determine if application is complete.
- If application is incomplete, an email is sent back to the homeowner letting them know what information/documents are missing in order for their application to be reviewed.
- If application is complete, an email is sent back to the homeowner letting them know that their application was received and is being submitted for review and that the Board/committee has up to 30 days to make a decision (some have 45 days).
The Board/Committee will review the application to determine if the improvement meets the architectural rules/guidelines established for the community and follows the aesthetic of the community.
Once the Board has made and submitted their decision to the ARC department, an approval/denial letter will be sent within 24-48 hours via email (USPS Mail if there is no email address).
The homeowner may begin working on their improvement after they have received an ARC Approval letter. The ARC Approval letter is valid for 90 days from the date on the approval letter.
Ready to Submit Your Application?
The form will display specific information about the type of property improvement you are looking for. We are here to assist you. We will quickly gather the information that your HOA review committee requires to approve your request.
Each property improvement may require different supporting documents. We can help the committee decide if the request is in compliance with the HOA requirements.
To get in touch with you regarding clarifications or additional details.
We will be in touch with you as soon as possible!
Your request is processed within one business day of your submission. The status of your request can be viewed online or through the Empire Management App.